The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights into the insurance industry in Gibraltar, including:
- The Gibraltarian insurance industry’s growth prospects by insurance segment and category
- The competitive landscape in the Gibraltarian insurance industry
- The current trends and drivers in the Gibraltarian insurance industry
- Challenges facing the Gibraltarian insurance industry
- The detailed regulatory framework of the Gibraltarian insurance industry
In terms of written premium value, the Gibraltarian insurance industry grew fuelled by strong economic growth, recording a review-period (2009–2013) CAGR of 22.6%. The primary reason for this is the European single market for insurance. The industry is further projected to grow at a forecast-period (2013–2018) CAGR of 13.1%. The industry’s growth was a result of strong performance of the non-life segment, which grew at a review-period CAGR of 27.6%. Growth in the segment was impacted positively by an increase in the number of licensed vehicles per 100 people from 80.1 in 2012 (estimated) to 85.2 in 2013 (estimated). This growth was further supported by the expanding automobile industry in the UK, which rose by 10.9% in 2013 from the previous year.
As a dependent territory of the UK, Gibraltar is a part of the EU, with exemption only from the common customs tariff, the Common Agricultural Policy and VAT rules. The Financial Services Commission (FSC) is the government authority responsible for supervising and regulating the insurance and reinsurance industry in Gibraltar.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Gibraltar:
- It provides historical values for the Gibraltarian insurance industry for the report’s 2009–2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and categories in the Gibraltarian insurance industry, along with forecasts until 2018.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It profiles the insurance companies operating in Gibraltar, and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Gibraltarian insurance industry and each segment within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key trends and growth opportunities in the Gibraltarian insurance industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Gibraltarian insurance industry.
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key segments.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Gibraltarian insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry’s future.
- Despite a small population, and an area of just 6.8km2, the Gibraltarian insurance industry registered significant growth at a review-period CAGR of 22.6%
- The industry is projected to grow at a forecast-period CAGR of 13.1%.
- The personal accident and health segment grew at a review-period CAGR of 22.3%.
- A high combined ratio is a key concern for insurers operating in Gibraltar.
- Financial Services Commission (FSC) is delaying the implementation of Solvency II, which is expected to be implemented by 2016 in line with the EU.
- The industry is highly competitive and over served, with 55 insurers currently serving a population of 32,734.
Spanning over 130 pages, 95 Tables and 77 Figures “The Insurance Industry in Gibraltar, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018” report Covering Executive Summary, Introduction, Gibraltarian Insurance Industry Overview, Industry Segmentation, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Competitive Landscape, Macroeconomic Indicators, Appendix. This report Covered 5 Companies – Enterprise Insurance Company Plc, Argus Insurance Company (Europe) Ltd, Haven Insurance, Southern Rock Insurance Company Ltd, Red Sands Life Assurance Company (Europe) Ltd.
Know more about this report at – http://mrr.cm/43D
Find all Insurance Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/insurance
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world’s leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.