While LTE and LTE-Advanced deployments are still underway, wireless carriers and vendors have already embarked on R&D initiatives to develop so-called “5G” technology, with a vision of commercialization by 2020.
5G is essentially a revolutionary paradigm shift in wireless networking to support the throughput, latency, and scalability requirements of future use cases such as extreme bandwidth augmented reality applications and connectivity management for billions of M2M (Machine to Machine) devices.
Although 5G is yet to be standardized, some of the collectively accepted attributes of the technology include new air interface transmission schemes, new spectrum bands, spectrum aggregation, Massive MIMO, beamforming, D2D (Device to Device) communications and self-backhauling, among others.
Driven by regional, national government, wireless carrier and vendor initiatives, we expect 5G R&D and trial investments will account for nearly $5 Billion by 2020, following a CAGR of nearly 40% over the next 5 years.
The “5G Wireless Ecosystem: 2015 – 2025 – Technologies, Applications, Verticals, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the emerging 5G ecosystem including key market drivers, challenges, enabling technologies, use cases, vertical market applications, spectrum bands, wireless carrier deployment commitments and vendor strategies. The report also presents forecasts for both 5G investments and subscriptions.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
The report has the following key findings:
- Driven by regional, national government, wireless carrier and vendor initiatives, we expect 5G R&D and trial investments will account for nearly $5 Billion by 2020, following a CAGR of nearly 40% over the next 5 years
- Nearly 70% of these investments will target large scale commercial trial networks in Japan, South Korea and other early pioneering countries
- Despite a lack of standardization, vendors are aggressively investing in 5G development efforts with a principal focus on new transmission schemes, antenna technologies, and higher frequency bands
- 5G networks are expected to utilize a variety of spectrum bands, ranging from established cellular bands to millimeter wave frequencies
- 5G standardization activities are expected to commence between 2015 and 2016
The report covers the following topics:
- 5G requirements, use cases & vertical market applications
- 5G market drivers and barriers
- Air interface & antenna technologies: Massive MIMO, waveforms, phased array antennas & beamforming
- Spectrum technologies: Cognitive radio, spectrum sensing, aggregation & LSA (Licensed Shared Access)
- D2D communications & self-backhauling networks
- Complimentary technologies for 5G: NFV (Network Functions Virtualization), SDN (Software Defined Networking), HetNet (Heterogeneous Networking), – C-RAN (Cloud RAN), drones & satellites
- Spectrum options for 5G
- Standardization & research initiatives
- Competitive assessment of vendor strategies & commitments to 5G
- 5G investment and subscription forecasts from 2015 till 2025
Historical Revenue & Forecast Segmentation:
Market forecasts are provided for each of the following regional submarkets:
- Asia Pacific
- Eastern Europe
- Latin & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Western Europe
Key Questions Answered:
- The report provides answers to the following key questions:
- How much will vendors and operators invest in 5G R&D and trial commitments?
- What will the number of 5G subscriptions in 2025 and at what rate will it grow?
- What will be the key applications of 5G networks?
- What trends, challenges and barriers will influence the development and adoption of 5G?
- Which regions and countries will be the first to adopt 5G?
- Will 5G networks utilize new spectrum bands?
- Who are the key 5G vendors and what are their strategies?
- Will 5G be a C-RAN centric network?
- What will be the impact of 5G on the M2M and IoT ecosystem?
- Will drone and satellite based communication platforms play a wider role in 5G networks?
Spanning over 101 pages, “The 5G Wireless Ecosystem: 2015 – 2025 – Technologies, Applications, Verticals, Strategies & Forecasts” report covering the Introduction, The Evolving 5G Ecosystem, Enabling Technologies for 5G, 5G Investments & Future Forecast, Spectrum Implications for 5G, 5G Standardization & Research Initiatives, Vendor Demonstrations, Commitments & Strategies. The report covered companies are – 3GPP (Third Generation Partnership Project), Aalborg University, Aalto-University, Aeroflex, Aircom International, Alcatel-Lucent, Alpental Technologies
For more information see – http://mrr.cm/4Jr
Find all 4G and LTE Report at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/4g-lte
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world’s leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.