Part of the “HetNet Bible: 2013 – 2020”, this datasheet provides in-depth revenue forecasts on the small cells, carrier WiFi, Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), cloud Radio Access Networks (RAN) and small cell backhaul.
Small cells and carrier WiFi deployments are expected to account for $352 billion in mobile data service revenue by 2020.
Market forecasts and historical revenue figures from 2010 till 2020 are provided for each of the following categories:
- Small Cells
- Carrier WiFi
- Small Cell Backhaul
- Small Cells as a Service (SCaaS)
- Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)
- Cloud RAN
- Self-Organizing Network (SON) Solutions
- Mobile Network Data Service
Small cell forecasts (unit shipments, revenue, installed base) are categorized in the following categories:
- RAN Technology
- LTE FDD
- Deployment Model
- Cell Size
Carrier WiFi forecasts (unit shipments, revenue, installed base) are categorized in the following categories:
- Equipment Category
- Access Points
- Access Point Controllers
- Integration Approach
- Managed WiFi Offload
- Unmanaged ‘Open Access’ WiFi
Small cell backhaul forecasts (revenue) are categorized in the following technology categories:
- Ethernet over Copper
- Ethernet over Fiber
- DSL modems and DSLAMs
- Non Line of Sight (NLOS) Microwave (Sub-6GHz spectrum)
- Point to Point (PTP) Microwave (6-60GHz)
- Point to Multipoint (PTMP) Microwave (6-60GHz)
- Millimeter Wave (Unlicensed 60GHz spectrum)
- Millimeter Wave (Licensed 60GHz spectrum)
Mobile network data service forecasts (throughput and revenue) are categorized in the following access network technology categories:
- Macrocell Network
- Small Cells
- Carrier WiFi
Regional forecasts are categorized in the following 6 categories
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin & Central America
The datasheet has the following key findings:
- Small cells, carrier WiFi, DAS and Cloud RAN infrastructure investments will account for a $42 Billion HetNet ecosystem by 2020
- Small cells and carrier WiFi deployments are expected to carry more than 60% of all mobile network data traffic by 2020, which will account for $352 Billion in mobile data service revenue.
- At present, the small cells and carrier WiFi infrastructure value chain is highly fragmented with ‘pure-play’ vendors and incumbent macrocell vendors battling to gain a higher share of the market
- SNS Research expects the value chain to consolidate over the coming years following several future acquisitions such as the recent acquisition of Ubiquisys by Cisco
- Eyeing the momentum behind small cell deployments, several DAS vendors (such as BTI Wireless) are now entering the small cells market.
- While it is a preferred opinion among wireless carriers, aggregating outdoor small cell backhaul with macrocell infrastructure may prove to be a well challenging task. Consequently the demand for small cell backhauling has opened a new opportunity for investment, which will be a market worth nearly $6 Billion by 2020
The report cover 488 companies, few are- 3GPP, 4ipnet, 6WIND S.A., Ablaze, Accel Partners, Accuris Networks, Acer, Acme, Packet, Actix, Adara Venture Partners, ADLINK Technology, Advanced RF Technologies, Advanced Wireless Technology Group (AWTG), Aepona, Agilent Technologies, AICENT, Aircom International, AirHop Communications, Airspan, Airvana, AJ Telecom Group, Albtelecom, Alcatel-Lucent, Alpha Networks, Altera, Altobridge, Alvarion, AlwaysOn, Amadeus Capital Partners, Amdocs, American Tower Corporation, Andrew Corporation, Anixter, Anritsu, Anvaya Networks, Anziva Technologies, Aoptix, Applied Communication Sciences, Aptilo Networks, Argela, Aria, Aricent, Arieso, ARItel, Arqiva, Aruba Networks, Asahi Kasei Microdevices, Askey Computer Corporation, ASOCS Ltd, Association of Radio Industries and Businesses (ARIB) – Japan
Find all Telecom reports under a single page.
Find all Telecom Infrastructure & Networks reports under a single page at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/telecom-infrastructure-networks
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports Inc. is the world’s leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.