“The Future of Retailing in Brazil to 2017” is based upon an extensive, cross-country, industry research program which brings together publisher research, modelling and analysis expertise in order to develop uniquely detailed market data. It provides detailed quantitative analysis of past and future trends – crucially providing retail sales data not just by channel and by product, but showing product sales through different channels. This allows marketers interested in retailing to determine how to account for the development of retail trade overall and to know which channels are showing growth for which products in the coming years. It aims to capture the shift to new channels depending on the country, the effects of recession, and shifting consumer behavior; thereby providing timely, highly comparable analysis of the retail markets. Data sets are provided for 2007 through to 2017, with actuals being provided up to 2012. All initial market sizing and analysis is conducted in local currency in order to ensure local trends are reflected in the data before conversion into other currencies.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The retail market in Brazil grew at a CAGR of 7.76% during the period 2007-12 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.82% from 2012-17
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Consumers have been reacting to the effects of the global recession and the following recovery period on their discretionary spending – retail markets have been no exception. While the country by country market changes have varied, nowhere has been left totally untouched. This report quantitatively examines the components of change in the market by looking at historic and future growth patterns – how changes in consumers’ behavior have affected the retail sector for different product categories and channels.
Key Features and Benefits
- Detailed category coverage is provided, covering 25 products, across eight product groups that include: Apparel, Accessories and Luxury Goods, Books, News and Stationery, Electricals and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, and Sports and Leisure Equipment.
- Detailed channel coverage is provided, covering 17 products, across four channel groups that include: General Retailers, Specialist Retailers, Value Retailers, and Online Retailers.
- Forecasts allow marketers to understand the future pattern of market trends, from winners and losers to category and channel dynamics, and thereby quickly and easily identify the key areas in which they want to compete in the future.
Key Market Issues
The economic growth in Brazil averaged 3.6% in the last 10 years, peaking at 7.5% in 2010. From 2010 onwards the economic growth in Brazil has slowed down. The Brazilian economy grew at a rate of 2.7% and 0.9% respectively in 2011 and 2012. The slowdown in economic growth continued into 2013 as well, with the economy expanding 0.6% in the first quarter.
- General Retailers was the largest channel group with Hypermarkets, Supermarkets and Hard-Discounters recording the highest sales among the various channels under the General Retailers channel group. The Convenience stores and gas stations channel recorded the second highest sales.
- According to a report published by IMF, consumer credit grew the fastest of all credit categories and rose from 23% of total credit in 2002 to 46% of total credit in 2012.
- According to a new government study, the middle class population in Brazil, whose income ranges from BRL 291 to BRL 1,019 per month, currently accounts for 52% of the total population. The middle class population rose significantly, adding approximately 36 million people and growing by 14 percentage points since 2002.
Spanning over 291 pages, 275 tables “The Future of Retailing in Brazil to 2017” report provides detailed data on the size and development of retail sales of individual product types through specific retail channels and formats in Brazil. It provides a detailed and comprehensive quantitative analysis of the trends affecting market development through both historic and forecast data.
In addition to covering the Market Overview, Consumer Landscape, Retailer trends and Innovations, Brazil Retail Sales Overview, Channel Group Analysis: Value Retailers, Channel Group Analysis: General Retailers, Channel Group Analysis: Specialist Retailers, Channel Group Analysis: Online Retailing, Category Group Analysis: Apparel, Accessories, Luggage and Leather Goods, Category Group Analysis: Books, News and Stationery, Category Group Analysis: Electrical and Electronics, Category Group Analysis: Food and Grocery, Category Group Analysis: Furniture and Floor Coverings, Category Group Analysis: Home and Garden Products, Category Group Analysis: Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Category Group Analysis: Sports and Leisure Equipment. Browse more: Retailing Industry Market Research Reports
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. (www.MarketResearchReports.com) is the world’s leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.