Private-label cards (PLCs) have emerged as a lucrative investment tool for a range of organizations and retail stores in Asia-Pacific. The PLC sector has recorded substantial growth over the last five years across key markets, although it is still in a nascent stage in comparison with the overall cards and payments industry. The growth is currently being driven by prepaid cards and this is expected to continue over the coming five years. Taking its cue from western counterparts, with the exception of a few markets, the sector in the Asia-Pacific region has maintained a safe distance from private-label credit instruments. Furthermore, retailers have started to use analytics to their advantage, and the structured use of customer information has enabled them to develop effective strategies, such as exclusive offers tailored for particular cardholders for important occasions in their lives.
For more information visit:2020 Foresight Report: Private Label Cards – Opportunities and Challenges in Asia-Pacific
Among the key countries studied in terms of closed-loop prepaid cards, the main PLC category in India shows the greatest potential in terms of an increase in the total number of closed-loop cards in circulation with forecast CAGR of 27.8% over 2012–2017. India will be followed by China with a CAGR of 14.2% over 2012–2017. However, China will continue to be the largest market for closed-loop prepaid cards, with the total number of cards in circulation expected to cross the 500 million mark by the end of 2017. Factors such as the rise of NFC-enabled POS terminals, urbanization, growth in retail sales and fuel consumption, increased use by the unbanked population, and the use of gift cards as tax incentives are expected to drive this growth.
The report provides useful information and insights into the dynamics of the Private Label Cards (PLC) sector in Asia-Pacific:
- Analysis of sector dynamics including current and emerging trends and business drivers, benefits for issuers and consumers, and operational and regulatory challenges
- Provides market potential of closed-loop prepaid cards in selected key countries of the region with historical and forecast number of cards in circulation
- Includes information on key end markets and leading issuers within each category for selected countries
- Insights into key product and consumer segmentation strategies adopted by issuers in key end markets
- Insights into current sales and distribution strategies and their future outlook
- This report provides comprehensive analysis of PLCs in Asia-Pacific and uses five key countries in the region to study trends, opportunities and challenges in detail
- Provides data centric focus on closed-loop prepaid cards which dominate the PLC sector in the region
- Analyzes product and segmentation strategies adopted by key issuers in selected countries
- Examines major end markets that lead in issuance of PLCs in the region
- Covers key sales and distribution strategies and their future outlook
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into the latest developments in the sector to streamline your PLC model
- Understand the key benefits and challenges to develop a cost effective strategy
- Learn about growth potential in key markets over the next five years
- Gain insights into industry structure and competitive landscape of PLCs in the region
- Learn about key product and segmentation strategies along with sales and distribution strategies adopted by key issuers
- The PLC sector has recorded strong growth over the last five years across key Asia-Pacific markets, led by a boom in prepaid cards. This category has now become a key tool for issuers across key end markets – fuel and fleet, retail and phone, and transit – to drive revenues and reduce costs, leading to higher profitability.
- Marketing has improved with highly customized targeting across business-to-business and business-to-consumer customers. Corporate clients are being targeted for employee incentives and tax benefits, while PLCs are widely marketed as gift products to individuals.
- Among the key countries studied in terms of closed-loop prepaid cards, the main PLC category in India shows the greatest potential with forecast CAGR of 27.8% over 2012–2017.
- Retailers have started to use analytics to their advantage, and the structured use of customer information has enabled them to develop effective strategies, such as exclusive offers tailored for particular cardholders for important occasions in their lives.
- At present, PLC issuers are largely dependent on traditional sales and distribution channels, such as direct sales at card issuer stores and partnerships with third parties. However, a rise in the use of online channels has been noted over the last two to three years due to rising internet and smartphone penetration. Furthermore, the growing popularity of gift cards is also expected to provide impetus for investments that will lead to adoption and development of multiple channels.
Browse More Banking & Finance Market Research Reports: Banking Market Research Reports
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. (www.MarketResearchReports.com) is the world’s leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
Mr. Amitava Sen
General Manager – Sales & Marketing
Market Research Reports, Inc.