Software Defined Networks (SDN) has largely spawned from the need to separate Control and Data planes as a means of optimizing networks via software control and reduced dependency on specific hardware configurations and vendors. SDN facilitates simplified and more efficient network administration by way of decoupling the system that makes decisions about where traffic is sent (the control plane) from the underlying systems that forward traffic to the selected destination (the data plane).
A major goal of SDN is to both simplify and consolidate network functions, replacing specialized hardware with commodity switches, servers, etc. It enables vertical integration with application control over the network through SDN APIs. Instead of managing network assets separately, using separate interfaces, they are controlled collectively and in software, via unified solutions in an SDN environment.
Software Defined Networking (SDN) Solutions, Market Opportunities and Forecast 2015 – 2020 covers the following:
- Technology Review: A review of the underlying technology supporting SDN solutions
- SDN Industry Roadmap: An analysis of the roadmap for the industry from 2015 to 2020
- Analysis of Major SDN Vendors and Solutions: Analysis of key SDN vendor strategies and solutions
- Business Drivers for SDN and Network Function Virtualization: An assessment of the business drivers for SDN and NFV
- SDN and Virtualization: An analysis of the relationship between SDN and virtualization with an emphasis on the key NFV area
This research evaluates the business drivers for SDN, its relationship to virtualization, specific market opportunities, leading vendors and solutions, issues involved in implementing SDN, and the market outlook and forecast for SDN for switching, controllers, and the software operation market. The report includes analysis of important topics such as Northbound APIs and their role in development of software defined services by third parties. This report is a must read for anyone involved in architecture strategy, application development, network planning, operations, and anyone with a vested interest in the future of service delivery, virtualization, and cloud-based market opportunities.
Purchases of this report includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you’re addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
Select Report Findings:
- Pilot and trial SDN installations will predominate through 2016
- Carrier grade SDN will reach to $3 billion with a CAGR of 45.9%
- Enterprise grade SDN will reach to near $8 billion value with a CAGR of 56.5%
- Publisher sees the SDN market reaching $ 11.3 billion by 2020 with a CAGR of 53%
- Network operators
- SDN solution providers
- Cloud-based service providers
- Virtualization solution providers
- Network infrastructure providers
- OSS/BSS and optimization companies
- Application developers and API companies
- Managed communications services companies
Spanning over 143 pages, “Software Defined Networking (SDN) Solutions, Market Opportunities and Forecast 2015 – 2020” report covering the Introduction, Executive Summary, Overview, Evolving Era of Software Defined Everything, SDN Solutions for the Enterprises and Carriers, Key Market Trends in the SDN, SDN Strategies: Vendor landscape, Challenges, Drivers, and Opportunities in SDN.
Know more about this report at – http://mrr.cm/4wX
Find all Telecom Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/telecom
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world’s leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.