Singapore: As Country Transforms into a Smart Nation, Operators Focus on Network Deployment to Reap the Benefits of 4G a new country intelligence report offers a precise, incisive profile of Singapore’s mobile and fixed telecommunications and mobile markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Singaporean market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- In 2014, Singapore’s telecommunication service market will generate estimated revenue of $5.1bn, up 2.8% from 2013. The market is one of the most mature and saturated in the Asia-Pacific region but comparatively small given Singapore’s population of 5.5m in 2014. Still, Singapore’s telecommunications market is expected to grow at a stable pace as compared with other developed markets in the region over the forecast period. We expect mobile and broadband Internet access services to be key growth contributors to service revenue. Publisher estimates Singapore’s revenue from telecom services to reach $5.8bn by 2019.
- Singapore’s telecom services market is a consolidated market dominated by three integrated players. The top three operators, SingTel, StarHub and M1, offering fixed, broadband, pay-TV and mobile services, are expected to account for 98.0% of total service revenue in 2014. SingTel is the market leader in IPTV, fixed and mobile markets, while StarHub controls the cable TV segment and is also trying to make inroads into the IPTV segment. The telecom market is expected to remain competitive, though we expect no major changes in operators’ market shares over the next five years.
- Adoption of 3G technologies peaked at 72.4% of the mobile subscription base in 2012; we project this will decline to 12.0% in 2019 due to growing availability of 4G/LTE networks and LTE-enabled smartphones. LTE subscriptions are expected to reach 8.0m or 88.0% of total mobile subscriptions in Singapore by 2019.
- Over the next five years, operators should strengthen their portfolio of service offerings after the additional distribution of spectrum in the 1800MHz and 2500MHz bands, as this would boost operator initiatives for launching LTE services, as they gain confidence about their spectrum holding. With increasing adoption of LTE in the market and broadband penetration incentives from the government, device vendors and network equipment manufacturers will have plenty of opportunities for growth alongside operators.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Singapore today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Singapore’s telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Publisher’s databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Singapore compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Singapore.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2011 to 2019.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Singapore’s telecommunications markets.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Singapore’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Publisher’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Singapore’s mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Singapore’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Singapore.
Spanning over 31 pages, “Singapore: As Country Transforms into Smart Nation, Operators Focus on Network Deployment to Reap the Benefits of 4G” report covering the Executive summary, Market and competitor overview, Regional context, Economic, demographic and political context, Regulatory environment, Demand profile, Service evolution, Competitive landscape, Major market players, Segment analysis, Mobile services, Fixed services, Pay-TV, Identifying opportunities, Overall market opportunities. The report covered companies are – SingTel, StarHub, M1, Opennet, Netlink Trust
For more information see – http://mrr.cm/44E
Find all 4G and LTE Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/4g-lte
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world’s leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.