The report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Singaporean reinsurance segment, including:
- The Singaporean reinsurance segment’s growth prospects by reinsurance category
- Key trends and drivers for the reinsurance segment
- Singaporean reinsurance segment’s growth prospects by reinsurance ceded from direct insurance
- The competitive landscape in the Singaporean reinsurance segment
In terms of gross written premium, the Singaporean reinsurance segment grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.9% during the review period (2009–2013), partially due to increasing risk awareness and expansion of the insurance industry, with insurers ceding a higher percentage of revenue to reinsurers. Growth was also supported by increased demand for reinsurance in key offshore markets following floods in Australia, China and Thailand, earthquakes in New Zealand and Japan, and a tsunami in Japan, all of which made insurers in the affected countries keen to cede a greater proportion of their premium to reinsurers based in Singapore to avoid significant losses through future natural disasters.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in Singapore:
- It provides historical values for Singapore’s reinsurance segment for the report’s 2009–2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in Singapore’s reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Singaporean its growth prospects.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Singaporean reinsurance segment and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Singaporean reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Singaporean insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry’s future
- In terms of gross written premium, the Singaporean reinsurance segment grew at a CAGR of 8.9% during the review period , partially due to increasing risk awareness and expansion of the insurance industry, with insurers ceding a higher percentage of revenue to reinsurers.
- Singapore is rapidly becoming a regional hub for reinsurance, with reinsurers operating in the state generating significant proportions their revenues from overseas markets.
- The Singaporean government offers incentives to reinsurers through its Offshore Insurance Business (OIB) scheme, the most widely used tax incentive in Singapore’s insurance industry.
- Offshore revenues were generated in the wake of significant losses from natural disasters during the review period, such as floods in Australia and Thailand, earthquakes in New Zealand and Japan, and a tsunami in Japan.
- Over the forecast period, demand for reinsurance in Singapore is expected to increase due to the rapid development of the country’s high-profit-margin insurance industry, which performed strongly during the review period.
Spanning over 85 pages, “Reinsurance in Singapore, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018” report covering the Key Facts and Events, Executive Summary, Introduction, Singaporean Insurance Industry Attractiveness, Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges, Key Industry Drivers, Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights, Appendix–1, Appendix. The report covered companies are – Munich Re, Swiss Re, Asia Capital Re, Allianz SE, Scor Global Life SE, IAG Re, Everest Re, Odyssey Re, Partner Re Se, Scor Re Asia-Pacific
Know more about this report at – http://mrr.cm/4ws
Find all Country Overview (Banking and Finance) Report at:
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world’s leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.