The premium accepted by the Peruvian reinsurance segment increased at a review-period (2009–2013) compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7%. The growth was due to strong economic conditions and growth in primary insurance. The premium ceded by the non-life insurance segment was the largest, accounting for 77.4% of the total premium ceded in 2013. This was due to Peru’s vulnerability to catastrophic events such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and floods. Facultative reinsurance accounted for 74.3% and treaty reinsurance accounted for 25.7% of the premium accepted in 2013.
The report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Peruvian reinsurance segment, including:
- The Peruvian reinsurance segment’s growth prospects by reinsurance category
- Key trends and drivers for the reinsurance segment
- Peruvian reinsurance segment’s growth prospects by reinsurance ceded from direct insurance
- The competitive landscape in the Peruvian reinsurance segment
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in Peru:
- It provides historical values for Peru’s reinsurance segment for the report’s 2009–2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in Peru’s reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Peru and its growth prospects.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Peruvian reinsurance segment and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Peruvian reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Peruvian insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry’s future
- The premium accepted by the Peruvian reinsurance segment increased at a review-period CAGR of 8.7%.
- Facultative reinsurance was the largest category, accounting for 74.3% of the premium accepted in 2013, while treaty reinsurance accounted for 25.7%.
- The country’s proximity to the Pacific ‘Ring of Fire’ makes it prone to earthquakes, encouraging insurers to cede much of their earthquake-related premium.
- The SBS simplified the insurance system to attract foreign companies; any foreign insurer can now write reinsurance business without registration.
- Non-life insurance is expected to be the largest segment in terms of premium ceded over the forecast period.
Spanning over 78 pages, 30 Tables and 46 Figures “Reinsurance in Peru, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018” report Covering Key Facts and Events, Executive Summary, Introduction, Peruvian Insurance Industry Attractiveness, Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges, Key Industry Trends and Drivers, Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights, Appendix. This report Covered 4 Companies – Rimac Seguros y Reaseguros, La Positiva Seguros y Reaseguros, El Pacífico-Peruano Suiza Compania de Seguros y Reaseguros, Mapfre Perú Compañía de Seguros y Reaseguros.
Know more about this report at – http://mrr.cm/4kU
Find all Banking and Finance Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/banking-finance
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world’s leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.