The non-life insurance segment accounted for a 43.8% share of the Peruvian insurance industry’s gross written premium in 2013. The segment’s gross written premium increased at a review-period CAGR of 11.4%. The growth of this segment was majorly due to an increase in property and vehicle sales and the government’s investments on infrastructure.
This led to an increase in the number of policies sold from 2.7 million in 2009 to 6.8 million in 2013, at a review-period CAGR of 26.0%. Furthermore, economic growth and individuals’ purchasing power, a large distribution network and scope from low penetration rate is expected to support the growth of the non-life segment over the forecast period. The Peruvian non-life segment is expected to grow at a forecast-period CAGR of 10.2%.
The report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Peruvian non-life insurance segment, including:
- The Peruvian non-life insurance segment’s growth prospects by non-life insurance category
- Key trends and drivers for the non-life insurance segment
- The various distribution channels in the Peruvian non-life insurance segment
- The detailed competitive landscape in the non-life insurance segment in Peru
- Detailed regulatory policies in the Peruvian insurance industry
- Analysis of various consumer segments in Peruvian non-life insurance
- Key developments in the Peruvian non-life insurance segment
- New products launched by Peruvian non-life insurers
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance segment in Peru:
- It provides historical values of the Peruvian non-life insurance segment for the report’s 2009–2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in Peru’s non-life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in Peru.
- It profiles the top non-life insurance companies in Peru and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Peruvian non-life insurance segment and each category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Peruvian non-life insurance segment.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the non-life insurance segment.
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Peruvian insurance industry and their impact on companies and the industry’s future.
- The non-life segment accounted for 43.8% of the insurance industry’s gross written premium in 2013.
- Growth in construction activity and rising sales of motor vehicles contributed to the growth of non-life insurance during the review period.
- Peru’s geographical location made it prone to various natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods, volcanic eruptions and landslides, causing the country large economical damage
- Property insurance was the largest segment, having accounted for 45.0% of the segment’s gross written premium share in 2013.
- The new Insurance Contract Law enacted in 2012 provides clear protection for the insured by forbidding the use of abusive practices and clauses by insurance companies.
- According to a study conducted by Camara Peruana de la Construcción (Peruvian Construction Chamber), the residential sector created a sales record over 17 years, with 21,990 residential units sold in 2012.
- The growth in Peru’s middle class population supported the growth of automobile sales. With the economic growth, the volume of car sales is expected to support non-life insurance growth.
Spanning over 279 pages, 206 Tables and 201 Figures “Non-Life Insurance in Peru, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018” report Covering Key Facts and Top Events, Executive Summary, Introduction, Peruvian Insurance Industry Attractiveness, Non-Life Insurance Outlook, Analysis by Distribution Channel, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights, Appendix. This report Covered 10 Companies – Rímac, Pacífico Seguros, Mapfre Perú, La Positiva, Ace, Interseguro, Cardif, El Pacífico Vida, Secrex, Insur.
Know more about this report at – http://mrr.cm/4kJ
Find all Insurance Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/insurance
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world’s leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.