This report provides a concise overview of the Haircare market in the US. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading companies within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the US Haircare sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The volume of Haircare products used in the US will steadily increase during 2012-2017.However, the market registered negative growth during 2009 as the market is not immune to the economic recession.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The US has a large young population, as a number of Millennials will reach the age of 25 years, or older, during 2012-2017. Their growing aspiration to look young and beautiful will drive demand for Haircare products in the country. Moreover, Consumers are now increasingly looking for quality and value for money products for home usage, rather than making expensive visits to salons
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the US Haircare sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across five Haircare categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
- Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Haircare sector in the US.
- Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of five Haircare categories: Conditioner, Hair Colorants, Perms and Relaxers, Shampoo, Styling Agents.
- Market shares are provided for the leading brands across the Conditioner, Hair Colorants, Perms and Relaxers, Shampoo, Styling Agents categories.
- An overview of packaging trends in the US Haircare sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
- Key future trends are highlighted and analyzed in order to identify opportunities and threats in the Haircare sector.
Know more about this report at: http://mrr.cm/ZUp
Key Market Issues
- The market for premium Haircare products continues to grow in the country. The gradual recovery of the US economy supported by a positive tilt in the stock market has led to growth in consumer confidence, particularly amongst the higher income group consumers who are no longer shy of making premium purchases in the Haircare sector.
- The Conditioner and Hair Colorants categories are expected to witness positive growth between 2012 and 2017, compared to the weaker growth recording during 2007-2012
- Hypermarket and Supermarket chains such as Walmart dominate the distribution of Haircare products in the US, though the market is also marked by the presence of Health and Beauty specialist retailers such as Walgreens, CVS Caremark, and Rite Aid.
- The improving state of the economy and a climbing stock market saw a rise in consumer confidence, with even high-income consumers not shying away from premium purchases. Consequently, the overall share of private label products in the US Haircare sector remained low. Private Label share in the Haircare market in the US is highest in the Perms and Relaxers category.
- The Styling Agents category is expected to witness the highest growth rate between 2012 and 2017, though it continues to comprise a relatively small value share of the overall Haircare market.
- The growing desire to look young and beautiful amongst men and women will drive demand for Haircare products in the country.
- Demand for hair care products in the US is driven by the individual needs of consumers, such as the dryness of hair and scalp. At the same time product quality is increasing important. This page examines the influence of the third and fourth leading trends in the US Haircare sector.
- Consumers are increasingly looking for natural and organic haircare products made up of Herbal extracts, bioactive ingredients and less synthetic chemical use. The positioning of these products as being better quality and effective due to their naturalness should be highlighted in the promotional activities.
- Major Haircare packaging trends include unconventional bottle shapes, bright and unexpected colors and alternative shapes in both primary and secondary packaging. Meanwhile the demand for Box Outers will increase as a result of increasing usage of Hair Colorants.
- Packaging plays a significant role in making products stand out on the shelf and in influencing Haircare purchases. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used packaging type used by major selling categories, especially for conditioners and shampoos, primarily because of low material cost, and easy to handle advantage over glass containers.
Spanning Over 42 pages, “Market Focus – Trends and Developments in the Haircare Sector in the US” report covered companies – Vogue International., The Procter and Gamble Company, Unilever PLC, L’Oreal S.A., The Procter and Gamble Company, Combe Incorporated, Ogilvie
Trends and Developments in the Haircare Sector in Australia at – http://mrr.cm/ZUG
Find other Consumer and Retail Reports at : http://www.marketresearchreports.com/consumer-retail
Find other reports on United States Market at : http://www.marketresearchreports.com/countries/usa
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world’s leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter